College of Veterinary Medicine
The College of Veterinary Medicine offers a six-year degree program in Veterinary Medicine to mold aspiring individuals to become licensed vets who have the passion to provide care for animals. The College is equipped with adequate laboratory and teaching facilities to deliver quality training. Learning is provided in different modalities including lectures, hands-on, field practice, case studies, and research. Students are trained to be interactive and self-sufficient to become successful veterinarians in the future.
In 2012, CVM attained a Level II Accredited Status from the Accrediting Agency for Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines, Inc. (AACCUP). CVM is also a veterinary and laboratory services provider. The CVM’s extension team delivers rapid response to clients to solve animal health problems.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Research and Development Focus
- Survey on the Prevalence of Selected Animal-Borne Zoonotic Bacterial, Fungal, and Parasitic Agents and Associated Risks Factors
- Scoping Study on Zoonoses in Eastern Visayas
- Unravelling Lungworm Infection, an Emerging Threat to Ruminant Industry in Leyte: An Epidemiological Study
- Identifying Opportunities for Improving Success in Artificial Insemination of Carabaos in PCC-VSU Impact Zones
- Reducing attrition in smallholder scavenging chicken systems by Newcastle disease vaccination and improved nutrition in rearing chicks: a randomized field trial of Project 4 (Improving livestock production system in marginal uplands) under the CHED-PHERNet Funded Program of Enhancing Farm Productivity and Environmental Quality in Climate Change Vulnerable Marginal Uplands of Eastern Visayas
- Development of Herbal Drugs for the Management of Common Strongyle Worm Infection in goat
- Increasing Pre-weaning goat survival through Novel Kid Strategies, Component 1: Packaging and Promotional of MCM Dewormer towards Commercialization
- Phenotypic Characterization of Non-Descript Breeds of Local Horses, Goat, Pigs and Chicken in Region VIII