Department of Science Education
The Department of Science Education (DSE) at Visayas State University is a center of excellence in education and Level II (Advanced) Accredited Status and candidate for Level III Accreditation by the Accrediting Agency for Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP).
- Provide quality pre-service taining for teachers in the elementary, secondary and collegiate levels
- Conduct research that will help improve the quality of education
- Extend relevant community service to help uplift people's lives especially those living near the VSU
Elementary and Secondary Teachers Programs
- Produce morally strong, competent and dedicated elementary/secondary school teachers.
- Develop among prospective teachers genuine love for teaching and a real concern for the welfare and development of the learners in particular and the country, in general.
- Provide students the opportunity to formulate and conduct research on relevant areas and undertake community outreach projects.
- Produce excellent professionals in elementary/secondary education who can pass very satisfactorily the Licensure Examination for Teachers.
- Teachers in public private elementary schools
- Non-formal education teachers