Registration periods for the semester and summer terms are reflected in the academic calendar for each school year.

Each student is assigned an academic adviser who shall assist the student in programming his study load and monitor his academic performance every semester.

Every prospective student must enroll during the prescribed registration period. Detailed instructions on enrollment procedures are posted at enrollment time. No enrollment is possible without the necessary credentials. Enrollment by proxy is not allowed.

Bonafide Students. Considered a bonafide student of the University is one who is duly enrolled; that is, who has submitted his valid credentials, has attended classes, and has paid his fees or made arrangements for payment with the University.

Changing of Subjects. During the enrollment period a student may, with the approval of the academic adviser and the department head, change subjects by accomplishing an application for changing of subjects. Changes are not permitted after the close of the official enrollment period.

Dropping of Subjects. With the knowledge of the instructor in the subject and consent of the academic adviser and the department head, a student may drop a subject by accomplishing an application for dropping of subjects provided he has not dropped due to absences. If the dropping takes place after 75 percent of the hours prescribed for the subject has elapsed, the instructor concerned shall be requested to state on the form whether the student shall be dropped without a grade or given grade of "5" on the basis of his class standing for that subject.

The approved forms should be filed with the Registrar's Office for record purposes. Any student who does not follow this procedure shall be given a grade of "5".

Adding of Subjects. A student may add a subject within one week after the opening of classes by accomplishing an application form for adding of subjects and securing the signature of the instructor concerned. Recommendation from the academic adviser and approval of the department head must be secured.

Shifting of Courses. A student may change course or shift from one course to another by accomplishing a prescribed form. No student is allowed to change curriculum without the favorable recommendation of the different signatories in the application form.


Certificate of Transfer Credential (Formerly Honorable Dismissal)

A student who desires to transfer to another school should apply for a certificate of transfer credential. Such certificate will be issued after the applicant has been cleared of all financial and property liabilities to the University.

** However, no certificate of transfer credential shall be issued unless a written request from the student noted by the parent or guardian and approved by the Registrar is presented.


Leave of Absence

 A leave of absence not exceeding one academic year may be granted to a student upon presentation of a written petition noted by the parent or guardian to the Registrar stating the reason for the leave.

Withdrawal from the University without a formal leave of absence shall be ground for the curtailment of registration privileges.


Cross Enrollment

(Section 288 - 289, Chapter 42, Visca Code) No Student may enroll simultaneously in two schools without the prior approval of the Registrar. Violation of this rule may cancel the student's right to receive credit for work done in either of the schools.

Permission for cross enrollment is issued by the Registrar upon recommendation of the Dean concerned and only if the applicant is a candidate for graduation during the school year and the course is not offered during the school year in the University or if the subject required for graduation is a conflict with the other subjects.
The maximum number of units for which cross enrollment is ordinarily permitted is six (6) units during the regular term and three (3) units during summer term.
For those coming from other schools, they need to submit a permit to study duly signed by their Registrar.


Summer Study in Another School

A student in the university may enroll in another school during summer session and obtain credit in VSU only upon the prior recommendation of the Dean provided such school is an accredited by AAACUP/PAASCU and other related accrediting agencies.

No permit to study in another school during Summer will be granted for the following:

  • Any subject in which the student failed in VSU.
  • Any major, specialized or professional subject, in any curricular year.

Customer Feedback

Your feedback matters!

As we commit to continually improve our services, we have developed ways for you to reach us online!
Your responses will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and will only be used to improve our services.

Submit Feedback

Or Email Us Directly