Course Number and Descriptive Title                                                                               Units

Major Courses – 21 units (minimum)


        HORT217 – Methods in Crop Science Research                                                       3

Other Options:

HORT209 – Crop Seed Physiology                                                                               3

HORT212 – Advanced Postharvest Physiology of Perishable Crop                       3

HORT214 – Advanced Plantation Crop Production and Mgt.                                  3

HORT216 – Applied Horticultural Crop Physiology                                                   3

HORT221 – Advanced Plant Propagation and Nursery Mgt.                                   3

HORT222 – Advanced Ornamental Horticulture                                                        3

HORT241 – Advanced Vegetable Crop Production and Mgt.                                   3

HORT243 – Advanced Fruit Crop Production and Mgt.                                             3

HORT252 – Postharvest Biochemistry of Horticultural Crops                                 3

HORT273 – Advanced Plant Tissue Culture                                                              1-3

HORT291 – Special Topics                                                                                           1-3

Minor/Cognate Courses –9 units (courses from another field of specialization)

HORT299 – Graduate Seminar                                                                                      1

HORT300 – Master’s Thesis                                                                                          6


Major                                     ___        21

Minor/Cognate                    ___        9

Graduate Seminar               ___        1

Master’s Thesis                   ___        6


Total No. of Units Required     37

a) Not more than 6 units of 100 level courses may be credited for the degree program
b) Odd and even numbered courses are offered during the first and second semester of the school year, respectively.
c) After the first term, graduate students are required to form their Graduate Advisory Committee (GAC) and prepare their of Course Work ( PCW). Forms can be secured at the Office of the Dean of the Graduate School.

Customer Feedback

Your feedback matters!

As we commit to continually improve our services, we have developed ways for you to reach us online!
Your responses will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and will only be used to improve our services.

Submit Feedback

Or Email Us Directly